Garden Herbed Crust-less Quiche
I used what vegetables and herbs that I had on hand. Feel free to use the ones you prefer in this recipe as it is very versatile.
This makes a great make-ahead recipe to use for weekday morning breakfast or take to work for lunch.
Gluten, soy and dairy free
- 1 t. avocado oil and 1 T. avocado oil separated
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups greens of your choice. (kale in spinach work well but I have made this with mixed dark greens and came out great)
- Other veggies: here is what I used but play around with this: 1 c. sliced mushrooms, 4 mini bell peppers chopped, 4 broccolini stalks chopped.
- 2 T. nutritional yeast (optional but gives it a protein and nutrient boost and has a cheesy taste)
- Mixed Herbs: I used what I had in my garden and did not measure. Here is what I used. Rosemary, basil, green onion, chives. Feel free to use fresh or dried and add according to your taste.
- s/p to taste.
- ¾ c. milk alternative (I like pure coconut milk as most of the boxed milk alternatives on the store shelves are filled with so much added “stuff”. I don’t use cow dairy as large organic farms have been getting through loop holes and these big dairy organizations have found to not be following true organic practices.)
- 5 pasture raised eggs
- Organic cheese (optional) I did not add any
- Grease a 9- inch pie dish with the 1 t. avocado oil. Set this aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the 1 T. avocado oil in a large skillet. Add in the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in the peppers, mushrooms, broccolini and the garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Add in the leafy greens and sauté until they have wilted.
- Add in the s/p and the fresh or dried herbs of choice
- Whisk the milk and the eggs together and cheese if using. Add in the nutritional yeast and stir.
- Blend the veggie mixture with the milk and pour into the pie dish (to save one step, I measured out the milk in a large measuring cup and added in the eggs and yeast. Then I poured this and the veggie blend right into the pie dish and give it a good stir in the dish.)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (mine in a convection oven took 45) until top is lightly browned.
- Serve hot or cold.
If you are sick and tired of feeling sick, tired, fatigued, depressed, anxious and more and have given up hope then Karen’s simple, effective, individualized and sustainable approach may be what you need.
Karen Brennan, MSW, CNC, Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition and Herbalist is the author of Tru Foods Depression Free Nutrition Guide; How Food Supplements and herbs can be used to lift your mood and If Life is So Good, Then Why AM I Still Depressed? Discover the root cause for your depression and learn what to do to feel better and owner of Tru Foods Nutrition Services, LLC.
For more information visit www.trufoodsnutrition.com
Want more information, like her fb page here
As a nutrition professional, Karen does not treat, cure nor diagnose. This information is for educational purposes only.