Zucchini Pasta with Cheesy tomato sauce
Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
Tools needed: spiralizer. This is a cheap and easy tool to use to make veggie pasta
- ½ c. EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup almonds ( I used slivered)
- 1/3 c. nutritional yeast
- sea salt
- 1 t. Italian Seasoning
- ½ t. red pepper
- 2 lg. zucchini spiralizer
- 2-3 c. mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound grape tomatoes
- ½ c. chopped fresh basil
- In a food processor, add in the oil, garlic, nuts, yeast, salt, Italian seasoning, red pepper. When blended this should look like pesto.
- Transfer to a large pot. Add in the zucchini noodles, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Cook on high and toss the ingredients to blend
- Cook 10-15 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Note: for a more traditional sauce texture you can add in canned or boxed tomatoes and some tomato sauce as desired.
Karen Brennan, MSW, NC, is Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition (candidate) and owner of Tru Foods Nutrition Services, LLC. She believes in restoring body balance and addressing root causes of health issues( instead of symptom management) with food first. Visit her website trufoodsnutrition.com for more information and for her newsletter.